Friday, February 23, 2018

Vol. 3, No. 54, February 23, 2018


3054 - I Tried.

I still had painted paper scraps sitting in my recycle bin at school so I decided to try a new craft with them, woven heart baskets. I had seen the idea multiple time, but I have never made one, I guess technically, I still haven’t. After much time spent getting the paper the right proportion and shape, I began to weave. I took me a couple tries to figure out a good order to begin weaving. I finally got a hang on the technique and was on my second to last strip, when it ripped out. I figured I could still make it work. Then as I shifted the woven strips down to make room for the final strip, the whole bottom ripped out, thus destroying the basket. I am pretty sure that a large part of my problem was that with the paper being covered in a heavy layer of paint, it was too thick to bend in the necessary way to be woven.

So in the end, the project was destroyed and went back to the recycle bin. But hey, at least I tried!

No comments:

Post a Comment