Sunday, June 9, 2019

Vol. 4, No. 160, June 9, 2019


4160 - Fresh Finds.

Today was Sunday Funday a.k.a. Clean out the pantry day. Our pantry was so messy and disorganized, you couldn’t find anything, so this was a necessary task. We worked together to clean everything out of the pantry and wash the shelves. As the pantry was drying, we sorted through the food, combining half-full containers and throwing out things that weren’t good anymore. On the chopping block was a partial container of Fruit Fresh and Baking Soda. I combined the Fruit Fresh with a little bit of water to create a dough. It was similar to cornstarch mixed with water; it was firm to the touch, but melted as it sat. Margo suggested make a “Dough-Man”. When I was finished sculpting my snowman, I sprinkled it with baking soda to make it white. When the baking soda landed on the sculpture it started to fizz and bubble. This inspired me to add some vinegar for even more of an explosion. After exploding fun, I added more baking soda, recreating a dough. It was a bubbly mixture that was really cold. I attempted to form it into a volcano and let it dry so that I could make it erupt, but the chemical processes were already in action and the volcano melted instead of drying out.

No comments:

Post a Comment