Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Vol. 4, No. 246, September 3, 2019


4246 - Lost.

One thing that I have struggles as a lower elementary school teacher is letting students leave the room to use the restroom without fear of them getting lost or taking three times as long because they trek all the way across the school to go the the restroom that they know. Last year I came up with a plan, a line on the wall that the students can follow from my room to the restroom. The year came and went, and I never set anything up.

This afternoon, while I was relishing in my extra 1.5 hours of prep time because Kindergarten doesn’t start until tomorrow, I remembered my dream of not worrying about students making it out the restroom. I decided that rather than the string line that I had thought up last year, I would create a dotted line. Raindrops for the restroom and medical crosses for the nurse. Now all I have to do is show students the card that they need to follow and they should have no problem finding their way. I also made a point to tell the music teachers about the path as their room is right next door and they have the same problem.

Time will tell if my path is successful!

No comments:

Post a Comment