Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Vol. 4, No. 261, September 18, 2019


4261 - Tech Savvy.

At one of our Back-to-School Meetings, my principal announced that the art department would be receiving a classroom set of new iPads. This was a welcomed surprise; last year I had graciously accepted a set of old iPads that were going to be disposed of if no one claimed them. They served the purpose of uploading art to our online art gallery, so I wasn’t expecting anything more.

When the new set of iPads arrived the cart was a mess. There were cords everywhere and some of the stands weren’t securely in place. After two weeks of ignoring the problem, I had to do something about it. So during my prep, I pulled out all of the iPads, and started rearranging the cords so that they were in the designated cord holders. I quickly discovered that my job would be much easier if I took out the shelves. This was easier said than done, because the shelves were screwed in and I didn’t have  the appropriate tools on hand.  So I shoved everything back in, and brought in a power screw driver the next day. After two more prep periods, I finally had all of the cords in the correct place, stretched out to a manageable length and the shelves back in place.

Last week in my frustration, I had Snapped a picture of the disaster that was the iPad cart to a friend, but I didn’t save it. So, all I have to show is the after picture. You will have to use your imagination to guess what it looked like before.

No comments:

Post a Comment