Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Vol. 4, No. 309, November 5, 2019


4309 - Happy Holidays.

Tonight as I was watching The Little Mermaid Live, I pondered what to do for my project and I remembered the cork from the bottle of wine we had with dinner, still in the corkscrew. I used a paring knife to carve the cork into a heart shaped stamp. The only stamp pad I could locate was green, so I grabbed an envelope and started making green hearts. As I looked at it, I decided the shape was more leaf like than heart, so I flipped the envelope over and tried again. This time I made a small forest. The trees seemed lonely, so I used a Sharpie to create a stipples background. The finished scene looks very wintery, I think this is because I was subconsciously inspired by all of the Christmas commercials I was seeing on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment