Sunday, November 17, 2019

Vol. 4, No. 321, November 17, 2019


4321 - Funniest Home Videos.

Tonight my brother, parents, about half of my aunts and uncles, and I gathered to celebrate what would have been my Grandma’s 85th birthday. The highlight of the evening was watching home videos, most of which were recorded by my uncle. We watched some from when my dad was younger, but the ones I enjoyed the most were the videos from the early 90’s, aka when I was alive. I only made brief appearances in the videos we watched tonight, but one was Halloween of 1990 when I was dressed up like a nun. One of my favorite videos was from 1993,  it was my uncle giving a silent tour of my grandparents house shortly before they moved out and my family moved in. It was fun to see what it looked like before we lived there as I don’t really have memories of it then. The best part of this video was that every time my uncle got to a mirror, he stopped and waved for the camera. After an evening of listening to my aunts and uncles share memories about different events as we watched and try to identify everyone in the videos, I walked home and was mesmerized by the sway of my sweater shadow. I snapped a pic, making sure to stand in a portion of the road without tarred cracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment