Monday, January 13, 2020

Vol. 5, No. 013, January 13, 2020


5013 - To Be Continued.

I decided to try out some brush pen calligraphy. I used a piece of cheap paper and started writing, using both sides of the paper. When the time was up, and my paper was full, I took it to the sink. I rinsed the ink off under running water only to discover that it didn't completely disappear. I briefly considered leaving it to dry with the ink showing through on both sides, but gave it a squeeze instead. The cheap paper would not unfold and instead disintegrated in my hand. I threw the crumpled bits of paper into a container with water, soaking them even more. Then I pulled out an old window screen and started pressing my own paper. I think I may have found my new favorite artform and will be making more recycled paper soon. I can't wait for my paper to thoroughly dry so that I can use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment