Thursday, January 30, 2020

Vol. 5, No. 026, January 30, 2020



5026 - Your Turn.

I'm an art teacher, so I make up and set creative challenges for people everyday. One of today’s challenges was for my first graders. I challenged them to use play dough to make turtle sculpture. Their sculpture was to be complete with texture. All 22 of my students completed the challenge, these were 4 that I was able to get a picture of before the sculptures were smashed to be recycled. Today’s challenge was just a practice run for next week’s clay turtle challenge. I would like to note that all students used the same blue play dough. The turtle on the yellow background shows the most accurate color. The student who made the turtle on the bottom red mat, went above and beyond by using extra play dough to make a textured lettuce leaf for his turtle to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment