Sunday, June 4, 2017

Vol. 2, No. 155, June 4, 2017


2155 - Skulls Galore.

Happy Skull Appreciation Day! 

Join the Skull-A-Bration by making and sharing your own original skull artwork today.
I decided to join the Skull-A-Bration, a 30-day skull making challenge to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Noah Scalin's Skull-A-Day project.

I start my summer nanny job tomorrow, and I wanted to have drawing kits for in the car. I saw a cute idea on Pinterest using DVD cases and decided to give it a try. It wasn't as easy as it sounds, because DVD cases aren't very thick. I had to rework the idea multiple times, but I am okay with the final product. The plastic on the cover creates a great dry erase surface. I put in a label that has an art quote on the spine, various activities on one side and the other side is left blank for free draw. Inside the case is a small note pad for drawing, a pen and dry erase marker. Each case has different activities on it; a traceable alphabet, a maze, a dot to dot, a board for the Dot Game, and tic-tac-toe. Each case also has a different color marker and pen, making it easier for the kids to play games together.

For the Skull-A-Bration, I tested out the kits, drawing two skulls, one with pen on the notepad, and another with the dry erase marker. Hopefully by the end of the month, my skulls will have improved.




No comments:

Post a Comment