Friday, July 7, 2017

Vol. 2, No. 188, July 7, 2017


2188 - Carrot Collaboration.

Today I brought the Miller Littles to story hour at the library. The subject was carrots, as that is Litchfield's One Community One Vegetable vegetable this year. At story hour we learned that carrots come in a wide variety of colors including white, red, yellow, orange, and purple. We also learned that carrots are biannuals which means that if left to grow, they will produce flowers and seeds in year two.

After learning about carrots, reading a book and singing some songs, it was time for a craft. We made a carrot collage. I collaborated with Little Miller to make my collage. She drew the ground line, and cut out the some of the carrots after I helped her draw them. She could have drawn and cut them all out herself, but she was having a stubborn 4 year-old moment.

I cut out the carrot tops and she glued it all down. Then when we got home I used colored pencil to add a little more detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment