Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Vol. 2, No. 200, July 19, 2017


2200 - Happy Birthday.

Like the past few days, I should have been at the theater working on sets. However, today is my birthday so I figured I could give myself most of the day off. Rather than go into the theater to work, I brought one of the props home. I needed to decorate a cake that would be used in the opening song, "Food Glorious Food". I was lucky enough to find a cake form in the prop room. Therefore, I just had to "frost" it, and decorate it.

It took me a while to find a recipe for pipe-able fake frosting that will harden and wasn't expensive to make. I ended up using Plaster of Paris, water and acrylic paint, piped through a plastic baggie. The cake is by no means perfect, but it was well received at rehearsal tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment