Sunday, January 27, 2019

Vol. 4, No. 027, January 27, 2019


4027 - Local Historian.

I grew up next to the World’s Largest Ball of Twine Made By One Man. It is located in Darwin, MN and was made by Francis Johnson. This local landmark has had visitors from around the world, and was the first to come to mind when I read today’s prompt. I was trying to decide how to execute the project when the Miller Littles suggested Play-Doh. They gathered the supplies and we headed to the dining room table. The Miller Littles were excited to make their own monument sculptures.  Littlest Miller made and elephant and a snowma. Middle Miller made a rooster and then helped me roll some twine. I’m not sure that Oldest Miller actually completed any projects, but she was helpful in rolling twine. I made a mini twine ball by meticulously rolling an entire container of Play-Doh into this snakes and attaching them to form a ball. The process took at least an hour. When we were finished and I had the picture taken, I let Oldest Miller smash the ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment