Monday, August 12, 2019

Vol. 4, No. 224, August 12, 2019


4224 - 100 Dalmations Meets Wreck-it Ralph.

Before I begin, title credit goes to Margo. The original name she game was Cruella Deville's Food Cake, but that was when it was just smears of chocolate and vanilla frosting. When it got covered with sprinkles and M&M's and started cracking, it got renamed. I will admit it looks rather disgusting, but I had good intentions when I started out.

This cake is for S's birthday. Last week I asked S what kind of cake she likes. She said Funfetti, with half vanilla frosting and half chocolate frosting so that she can have a piece from the middle with both. I decided that a zebra themed cake would be fun, so I researched some ideas, and then let S choose 2 cake mixes and 2 frostings. I layered the cake batter in the pan, creating a ringed effect. Then I intended to fill the cooked cakes with and M&M and sprinkle filling, but I forgot and started frosting the cake. So I improvised. I lifted up the top layer of cake, tossing the filling inside. It's not the same, but maybe still delicious. Then I frosted the cake, of course I struggled to keep crumbs from getting mixed in. There didn't seem to be enough frosting to adequately frost the edges of the cake, but that was all I had, so I made it work. Next, I covered the entire cake with sprinkles and what was left of the M&M's. All of a sudden, the top of the cake was cracking; lifting the top layer was not a good idea. I decided to improvise by filling the cracks with colored sugar, like gold.

In the end, the cake looked nothing like the picture in my head and I don't think I will be going into professional cake decorating anytime soon. However, S and the Miller Littles loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment