Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Vol. 3, No. 205, July 24, 2018


3205 - Biggest Blame Fool.

Tonight, I went above and beyond, designing a drink in a coconut shell, complete with a hand rolled paper straw and an umbrella that can open and close. Creating the drink and it’s details were easy. The hard part came after. I got the drink finished about halfway through the first act of the show. During intermission, I placed it on the tray, disposing of the bowl like shel we had been using. I took a picture and returned to my seat for the second act. I cringed when the Cat in the Hat brought the drink in on a tray and the shell rocked back and forth nearly tipping off of the tray multiple times in the short scene. I knew immediately that it would need some support. I didn’t want to go out and buy magnets; Velcro would be too loud; and it gets taken off the tray to be drank by Mayzie, so glue wasn’t an option. I decided I would try using hot glue to create a bowl of sorts to support the drink; that didn’t work. Next, I found a shallow dish, spray painted it silver and glued that to the tray. While it doesn’t look super professional, it seems to work. The real test will come tomorrow, in front of our families.

No comments:

Post a Comment