Saturday, October 3, 2020

Vol. 5, No. 138, October 3, 2020



5018 - Creative Sprint Day 3.


I chose high schoolers and paint; you might ask why those don't go together. Well, sure some high schoolers and paint would be a normal occurrence, it gets less normal when you have 10-15 high schoolers with varying abilities painting set pieces. However that is what I was working with today. This is a picture of a bathtub. I can't take credit for the construction or the painting, however, I was the person behind the work, choosing colors and ensuring it was properly finished. Well properly is a loosely used term. It was finished, but when the paint was not dry to the touch after nearly 2 hours, I went to investigate. I found globs of paint pooled in random areas and drips running down. In this picture, which was taken at least 5 hours after the paint application, you can clearly see the unevenness of the paint application. It just goes to show that high schoolers and paint don't always go well together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment