Thursday, October 29, 2020

Vol. 5, No. 161, October 29, 2020



5161 - Creative Sprint Day 29.


I decide to redo yesterday's prompt, use a tool in a new way. I was thinking about the tools I use in the art room and I remembered the "tragedy" that happened when I was peeling crayons a few weeks ago. I had dumped a bunch of crayons into a bucket of water to encourage the wrappers to come off. When I returned to the crayons, some of them were soggy and mushy. I noticed that these crayons all had labels marking them as Washable. I decided that I would use crayons in a new way and paint with them. I soaked a rainbow of washable crayons in water. When they were wet, I rubbed a paintbrush on them like one would do with paint. I liked this new way of painting and may try it with my students someday.


No comments:

Post a Comment