Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Vol. 2, No. 44, February 13, 2017



2044 - A view of your city. Twine-pressed Hearts.

This week, the #64millionartists challenge is to make something inspired by where you live/work. Today, I found twine at school and used it to represent Darwin, MN and the World's Largest Ball of Twine Made by One Man.

I wanted to play with clay, my original thought was to just make a large heart-shaped slab tray, with twine impressions. However, the heart was cracking and I wasn't happy with it, so I cut out a circle, impressed it with  a heart cookie cutter and made a small tray. Then I had lots of clay scraps that couldn't be recycled because of the twine scraps, so I cut out multiple hearts and make a mobile. Once the pieces are fired, I will glaze them, retie them with twine, and post an update.

No comments:

Post a Comment