Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Vol. 2, No. 45, February 14, 2017


2045 - A view of your city. The Heart of MN.

Continuing to use twine as part of my #64millionartists challenge, I did a project that has been on my art bucket list for a while: MN String Art. I found a scrap of wood at the theater, got a friend to cut off the bad edge and sand it. Then I spray painted it gold. I found and printed a map of Minnesota, taped it to the prepared board and started pounding in nails around the boarder and in a heart around Darwin. Then, I gave the nails a quick coat of gold.

When it was dry, I started winding twine. I quickly discovered that the twine was too thick and would not work for this project, so I adapted. I used string for the woven base, and the added a twine boarder and a twine Celtic heart knot.

10.5" x 12"


No comments:

Post a Comment