Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Vol. 2, No. 332, November 28, 2017


2332 - Perfect Proportion.

My fourth grade students are working on self-portrait projects. I have spent every day for the last 2 weeks walking students through the steps to create an in-proportion (everything is the right size) face. Let me tell you, it is hard! I hadn’t made my own example yet, so I decided to tackle it today. The coloring is decent, especially the hair, but the proportions are atrocious! Oh and in case you couldn’t tell, she is smiling.

The background of the self-portraits show illustrations of things that the artist enjoys. I really like stargazing, so I used constellations to make the other things I like including art, photography, avocados, ice cream, butterflies, theater, and math.

Seriously, those eyes...it’s so creepy!

No comments:

Post a Comment