Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Vol. 2, No. 345, December 11, 2017


2345 - The First Day of Christmas.

There is a Secret Santa at school who is re-creating the 12 days of Christmas, giving each staff member a little gift. It was started last week, 12 days before Christmas vacation. Each gift comes with a little poem. Day one reads: “On the first day of Christmas my Secret Santa gave to me...a partridge in a pear tre. Now you realize that partridges are hard to come by, and the weather turned mighty cold so planting a pear tree is a stretch too. Cut me a little slack on this one. Please sop to enjoy a piece of fruit in the staff lounge today.” Conviently, one of the fruit options was a pear. I chose one and brought it home to ripen.

I noticed it this afternoon, sitting in my fruit bowl, perfectly ripe and decided to play before I ate it. I don’t know what a partridge looks like and I didn’t want to take the time to look it up, so I give you a Pear Owl in a Lefse Tree, with a hint of orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment