Monday, December 25, 2017

Vol. 2, No. 359, December 25, 2017


2359 - The Bottle Challenge.




Weekly Challenge
25th December 2017 
The Bottle Challenge
At this time of year there can be a few empty bottles kicking around, this week the Friendship Sudanese Association wants you to think about the endless possibilities for recycling them.

Grab those empty bottles and make them into a decoration, instrument or gift. Create a bird feeder, a vase or candle holder… be practical, beautiful, or both.
By the end of the day today, my family had many empty bottles in the recycle bin. I looked on Pinterest for some fun ways to use up the bottles. One project I came across was covering a bottle with a balloon and using it with a vase. We had a balloon lying around, so I decided to try it. Turns out it is a lot easier said than done. After lots of team work and pulling, I eventually got the balloon on the bottle. The balloon ended up ripping a couple times, but I was able to work the rips into the design. I used Oil Paint Sharpies to decorate the bottle, then filled it with water and added two miniature roses that were blooming on my mom’s plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment