Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Vol. 2, No. 353, December 19, 2017


2353 - Ornamints.

In the teacher's lounge, there was a dish of peppermint candies. I was instantly inspired as I remembered that today we celebrate National Hard Candy Day. I grabbed a small handful and headed home, searching Pinterest for directions for Peppermint Candy Ornaments.

The directions were easy. Coat a metal cookie cutter with oil, lay on a parchment paper covered baking sheet and layer with candies. Bake for 6-9 minutes. Let cool for 2 minutes. Poke hole with oiled toothpick. Remove cookie cutter within 15 minutes of removal from oven. Hang with a ribbon.

I thought the ornament would make a cute decoration for my co-worker gift.

Turns out the ornaments are very fragile. I had to reheat both of them because I broke them the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment