Thursday, December 14, 2017

Vol. 2, No. 348, December 14, 2017


2348 - Totally Teal.

I decided to turn to my many saved Facebook posts for inspiration today. The project that struck my fancy was crayon shoes. I had saved video of someone painting canvas shoes to look like a Crayola crayon. I conveniently had a pair of teal canvas shoes sitting at home that I didn’t love, so why not paint them. Because the shoes were already teal, all I had to do was add the wave and the color word. Really the hardest part of this project was deciding what color the shoes were. My initial thought was teal, but then I wasn’t sure that that would be accurate according to the Crayola color scale. I did lots of research, googling colors, comparing with real crayons, I even phoned a friend, who voted for teal by the way. In the end I settled on teal, not because I really thought that was the best color choice, but because the word was short and would be the best fit for the size of the shoe. Now the next dilemma is what outfit to wear with my "new" shoes for school tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment