Sunday, September 2, 2018

Vol. 3, No. 245, September 2, 2018


3245 - Rustic Rooster.

Today I am celebrating Dassel's Red Rooster Days by attending the Knights of Columbus Brat Feed followed by the Fireworks at Spring Lake Park. The Brat Feed doesn't start until 6, but I decided to come out early to help my Dad set up. Once other Knughts arrived on the scene, I headed to the lower level of the park to make some art. Being in the beautiful park, with leaves starting to change color, I decided to make nature art. In the spirit of the festival, I made a rooster. I collected a wide variety of leaves, flowers, and other plant parts and then started arranging them on top of a patch of black soil. My rooster is laying right next to the path, but I doubt that many, if any, people will venture down the hill far enough to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment