Monday, September 24, 2018

Vol. 3, No. 267, September 24, 2018


3267 - Transitional Lines.

This year Annandale Elementary School added one section of Transitional Kindergarten. This class is for students who are old enough to be in kindergarten, but who are not quite ready. They have a different classroom curriculum than the other kindergarten classes and move at a slower pace. Because these students will be in kindergarten next year, I decided to do some different lessons with them in art so that they don’t have to repeat everything next year. Out first branching out lesson was on Lines. After a guided practice line drawing worksheet, I presented the class with a large piece of paper filled with dots. I gave each student a different color of marker and had them draw different lines by connecting the dots. Of course, I had to demonstrate and get in on the action as well. After school, I took their collaborative mural down to their classroom and hung it on the wall in the hallway.

The mural is so long that I couldn’t fit it all in one picture, so I layered it in a collage instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment