Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Vol. 4, No. 198, July 17, 2019


4198 - Magical.

Today I finally finished the enchanted rose for LCT's Beauty and the Beast. It was a collaborative projec, which began with research. I found a tutorial of YouTube that looked easy enough and with my Dad's help, I got the supplies organized. Through trial and error, a switching of wires, and many rounds of painting, I feel confident in the product I created. When my wires kept getting twisted up inside the tube, Rebecca dreamt up a solution; stir straws taped together.

While this rose is designed to drop petals on command, it is not fool proof, as sometimes the petals get hooked on other wires or stuck between the stem and the edge of the glass. Fingers crossed, with practice it will start to go more smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment