Sunday, July 28, 2019

Vol. 4, No. 209, July 28, 2019



4209 - Goodbye For Now.

Today we closed yet another theater production. For the final show my father suggested that we add more petals to the rose dome during intermission to better correspond to the line about the flower losing petals at an alarming rate. When he mentioned it, I happened to be standing in front of a vase of wilting roses left from Grandma’s funeral. I swiftly grabbed the head of each of the 5 roses, pulling the petals off of the stems. At intermission, I carefully transferred them to the rose dome.

You may think that this isn’t a very creative endeavor, and I would agree. However, after a full day of preparing the flower, ushering for the show, organizing the strike of props and cleaning up the paint room after the show as well as helping to clean up the theater after the cast party, I was exhausted. I couldn’t think enough to come up with a different project, let alone actually completing one.

No comments:

Post a Comment