Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Vol. 2, No. 123, May 03, 2017


2123 - Short Sharp Suprise Reflection Poem.



Reflection Day 3

What was the most surprising or unexpected thing that happened this month?


When I started my Creative Marathon 17 months ago, I was saving most of my projects. There were a handful that were disposable, edible or given away, but I have a lot of them. When I looked back at the pictures of my projects from the April Creative Sprint, I realized I only had a handful in my possession. Some projects like days 2, 5, 9, 18, 19, 20, 21, 25, 26 and 28 were left behind and were most likely thrown away, unless someone else claimed them.  Other projects like days 1, 6, 10, 12, and 17,  were given away. Still others like days 3, 4, 14, 15, and 16, were eaten. A couple projects like days 7, 8, and 24, were disposed of/erased shortly after a picture was taken. Days 22 and 30 were photography projecst, so I have nothing physical to keep. That leaves me with days 11, 13, 23, 27, and 26; five projects that I actually want to keep.

My #64MillionArtists five line poem is a summary of this surprise I found. I wrote the poem on small strips of colored paper that I folded up to be used as packing in a surprise package.

After 17 months of creative venture, not much takes me by surprise.
Yet when I looked back, I found a new pattern did arise.
I used to keep every project in a box right before my eyes.
This month I gave most projects away and some I ate like pies.
That left only 5 projects to have at home, which is a much more tolerable size.

No comments:

Post a Comment