Friday, May 26, 2017

Vol. 2, No. 146, May 26, 2017


2146 - Thank You.

Today was another fun challenge from #64MillionArtists. As you may recall they have teamed up with A Book of Me to develop a set of Creative Challenges to help you Live Well With Dementia. Here are the details of today's challenge:

Whether you are living with dementia, or live or work with someone who does, or you’ve just picked up these challenges for fun, we all have people that play a really important part in our lives and everyday wellbeing.

Today we’re going to think about saying thank you.

Do
Make a thank you card for someone special. Someone who means a lot to you, or who has contributed to your life. This might even be someone no longer with us. You don’t have to send the card. But you could! In the video below, Juanita is making a card and you could follow her instructions - or you could just have a go at doing it yourself in your own style, whatever is easiest for you. Think about what the person would like and draw or design a card especially for them. And then write them a message thanking them for what they do for you. 

I decided to make a thank you card for a friend. When I thought of this person, the first thing I thought of was a sunset, so that is how I decorated the card. I made a collage using paper scraps in a a wide range of reds and oranges, with a bit of blue an yellow to finish it off. The most challenging part of the card was making the silhouette that said 'Thank You'. I didn't have an X-acto knife handy, so I had to make due with a broken scissors. It's a little choppier than I'd like, but it still looks good. I outlined the letters with gold colored pencil to make them stand out more.

I wrote a rough draft of the thank you I would like to send, but right now the inside of the card is just blank because I haven't decided if I actually want to send it.

No comments:

Post a Comment