Friday, May 19, 2017

Vol. 2, No. 139, May 19, 2017


2139 - Paint Party.

Today I subbed for 4th grade at Holy Trinity. It was a pre-planned subbing day, so the classroom teacher asked me if I would like to do an art lesson. I decided to do a painting lesson, run like the popular painting parties (minus the wine). I walked the students through an seascape, with a featured silhouette. They all turned out great!

In planning for the lesson I did a couple practice pictures. They are the sailboat and the sea turtle. These paintings were with acrylic on canvas, but they cracked as they dried. so I decided to go a safer route and had the students paint with tempera on glossy paper. The top left corner, with the whale tail, is the picture I painted with the students.

No comments:

Post a Comment