Thursday, May 4, 2017

Vol. 2, No. 124, May 04, 2017


2124 - Short Sharp New Reflection Poem.

Reflection Day 4

What is one new thing you did month that you would like to try again or incorporate into your work in the future?


I tried a few new things this month, but the one that stands out to me the most, that I would like to try again is galaxy egg painting. Rather than dying eggs the traditional way, I painted an egg using a paint brush and food coloring. I loved how it turned out and can't wait to try it again.

At Art Club at the Winsted Arts Council, we were making paper kites. I decided to use it as my project today, which meant incorporating my #64MillionArtists five-line poem into it's design. I used a white oil pastel to write the poem, and then painted over it with watercolors making it look similar to my galaxy egg. The spine of the kite is made from straws taped to the paper. The other side of the kite is just an abstract design, because I didn't want to repeat the poem.

In order to make it fit and look cool, I combined some of the words of the poem into one long loopy line. So here is the text:

This month I tried something new.
I dyed an egg with a brush.
The colors mixed creating a beautiful hue.
The eggs beauty made everyone gush.
My galaxy egg tasted good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment