Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Vol. 2, No. 144, May 24, 2017



2144 - Collaborative Hunt.

Today, as I was subbing,  I collaborated with  Mrs. McGraw's 4th grade class at the School of St. Philip. I had subbed for them before, and I know some of them outside of school, so they know about my art projects. They asked to see what I was working on today and I decided that rather than just showing them, I would involve them.

Today is National Scavenger Hunt Day, so I looked online for a picture scavenger hunt list. There are lots of lists out there, so I just randomly chose one. I divide up the list among the students. I had them find each item and bring it to me to be photographed. I would have been fun to split them into groups and take their own pictures, but I didn't have enough devices or time.

One of the  students really wanted her picture included, but since I didn't have permission to share their pictures, I was avoiding people pictures. I did eventually compromise for #18 and #25 (Something Short and Something Tall). I had the girls stand with their backs to the camera, so you could see their height without their faces.

Each picture is numbered to make it easier to match to the list.
1. something red: a dog
2. something to eat: CHEEZ-IT
3. something clean: dry erase board on an empty desk
4. something sharp: scissors
5. something hard: a rock
6. something tiny: a pencil stub
7. something blue: pens
8. something that moves: a solar powered dancing flower
9. something noisy: a whistle
10. something wet: a vase filled with water
11. something pink: an eraser
12. something soft: a stuffed sheep
13. something heavy: a box filled with toys
14. something special: a ring from my grandma
15. something with hair: a doll
16. something white: a charger
17. something black: an alarm clock
18. something short: one of the shortest 4th grade student
25: something tall: the tallest 4th grade student
19: smaller than a mouse: a pony bead
20: something green: a plastic roof
21: something smooth: a glass paper weight
22: something with wheels: a toy car
23: something alive: a potted plant:
24: something orange: a stack of folders
26: something light: a feather
27: something fluffy: a cotton ball
28: something purple: Relay For Life Medals
29: something colorful: a globe
30: something dirty: my empty lunch container
31: something shiny: a foil Birthday banner
32: something yellow: a book
33: something stinky: a garbage can
34: something glittery: a fabric scrap on an art project
35: something tasty: a cupcake
36: something you love: lilacs


No comments:

Post a Comment