Friday, November 16, 2018

Vol. 3, No. 319, November 15, 2018


3319 - Mamma Mia!

Today after a full day at school, I rushed home and jumped in the car with my parents for a 2-ish hour  car ride through rush hour traffic to see a friend perform in White Bear Lake Area High School’s “Mamma Mia”. The show was fun and the sets were beautiful, but what made the trip worth it was seeing B’s face when she spotted us in the crowd after the show. As per my show tradition, I brought with a handmade flower for B. This flower is an origami rose folded from metallic paper. It is actually a 1.5” flower inside of a 4” flower. The stem is a giant q-tip, wrapped with metallic paper. To make it look like a fancy rose from a store, I rolled the flower in plastic and tied it with a ribbon.

I asked B if set work was adults or students. She said it was mostly adults, but she was one of the few students who helped, and was the only one who knew how to paint, thanks to my guidance in previous shows.

Don’t forget to vote for my student’s, Eleanor756,  art work. You can vote once per day per web browser per device. https://www.artsonia.com/museum/aotw/vote.asp?group=1 Thanks for supporting the arts!

No comments:

Post a Comment