Saturday, April 6, 2019

Vol. 4, No. 098, April 6, 2019


4098 - Tradition.

It is my tradition to make homemade flowers for each cast member during shows that I participate in. I like to try and make the flowers match some theme in the show. This year one theme is coffee, so I decided to make flowers using coffee filters. Using stacks of about 25 coffee fillters, I dyed them using food coloring and water. I then transferred the not quite dripping wet filters to the laundry dryer. After 1.5 cycles, the filters were separated and dry. I smoothed them out and stapled the filters into stacks of 4, with green on the outside. After stapling, each flower was folded and had the edges cut into petal shaper. Lastly, the flowers needed to be fluffed and then hot glued to a popsicle stick. With my dying and cutting process, each flower is unique. Some are super cute while others are just okay, but they are all pretty fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment