Saturday, April 27, 2019

Vol. 4, No. 119, April 27, 2019


4119 - Birthday Bonanza.

Today my family celebrated a lot of birthdays. First was my Aunt who died in infancy, so I never obviously I never met her. Next is my older brother, Shawn, who turned 32 today and his dog Ziva who turned 2. One might think that 3 birthday’s in one day was enough to celebrate, but someone decided to make it 4; in the early morning hours, my niece was born.

A while ago, I had decided to make a gift for my sister Becca, celebrating the birth of her first born. As I mentioned before my sister and brother-in-law use otters as their spirit animal. This summer I had gotten a small stuffed otter in a McDonald’s Happy Meal. When I found about the baby I decided to knit mini hat for it and give it to Becca to put with the larger otters that she already has.

I went with a multi color yarn, so that I could make the hat before the baby was born. Then I decided to put a Pom-Pom on top using the gender colors we had established, purple for girl and gold for boy. My siblings and I were told that we wouldn’t find out the baby’s gender until we visited, so on my way to the hospital this morning (Dad was driving) I made two Pom-Poms, one gold and one purple. I threaded them both on to the hat so that when I arrived and found out the gender, all I had to do was pull out the wrong one. Turns out I should have just gone with my gut and forgot gold all together, but I couldn’t be that certain.

No comments:

Post a Comment