Thursday, April 11, 2019

Vol. 4, No. 103, April 11, 2019


4103 - Blizzard Beauty.

Over the weekend, looking at predicted winter storm models, I predicted that there would be a snow day today with a 2-hour late start tomorrow. It seems that I was right. I made my snow day a productive one by working on the fairy house that I am creating for Litchfield High School’s prom. I took a falling apart cupola and in about 5 hours transformed it into a stone fairy house with a wooden roof. I am wishing that I had taken before pictures, because the difference is astounding.

I painted the stone with miscellaneous paint I found at home, left over from various projects around the house. With no sponge available, I used an old sock to add the texture to the stones.

I still have to do detail work on the door, windows and roof, but I need to get to a craft store for supplies first.

No comments:

Post a Comment