Thursday, May 2, 2019

Vol. 4, No. 124, May 2, 2019


4124 - My Favorite Things.

Today my 1st graders began their Eric Carle painted paper collages. Collage is probably my most favorite medium so I couldn’t resist sitting down with my students to make my own. I asked the students at the table I was sitting at for animal suggestions. My favorite of the ideas offered up was a zebra, so I set to work. We only had warm and cool colored papers to work with, so I had to get creative. I chose to use warm colors for the skin and cool colors for the hair and stripes. Of course, no artwork is complete without a background, so I added grass, clouds and the sun. When I was finished I noticed an empty spot so I added a flower as well. I was torn between leaving school on time today and staying late to make a second example collage. Leaving on time won, because I remembered that I have an extra prep time tomorrow due to the 1st grade field trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment