Saturday, October 5, 2019

Vol. 4, No. 278, October 5, 2019


4278 - Teacher's Rule.

I decided on my teacher right away, however he wasn't one of my teachers in school. Jerry Meyer was an art teacher, however I met him at the theater. In 2001, when my sister decided she wanted to try the summer musical, my mom decided that my brother and I should get involved as well. It was the summer after 7th grade and I spent many hours with Jerry, learning the ins and outs of set painting. Today, 18 years after that first summer, I was on the same stage paint sets for yet another show. While Jerry is no longer with us, lessons I learned from him I am now teaching to the next generation.
These pictures show some of the set pieces we were working on today for LHS Drama's Production of Mary Poppins. The show opens on October 24.

No comments:

Post a Comment