Thursday, October 10, 2019

Vol. 4, No. 283, October 10, 2019


4283 - Bridging The Gap.

I had a long day and didn’t even have time to think about my project at work. From work I went to theater, again, no time to think. Fortunately for me a project literally fell at my feet. I was moving a box of old paint when one can tipped over and broke open, spilling at least 1/2 a gallon of paint at my feet. I started to panic, trying to figure out how to clean up the mess. With some quick thinking, I headed to the saw table to collect sawdust that had been accumulating. Dustpan full by dustpan full, I began pouring sawdust over the wet paint; my intention was to solidify the paint enough to scoop it up of the floor. I realized that the paint sawdust combination fit perfectly for my project. At the theater, I spend a lot of time sweeping sawdust off of set pieces so that I can paint them without the paint clumping up. Today I went for the opposite effect. As I was scooping the paint mixture off the floor, I sculpted it into a chicken foot.

The project went into the trash, but there is a large gray paint stain on the floor to remember it.

No comments:

Post a Comment