Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Vol. 4, No. 289, October 16, 2019


4289 - Expand Your Defaults.

As  teacher, I teach others how to do something new frequently, however I don't often get the chance to be taught new things. I know if I had tried harder, I probably could have found someone to teach me something. Today was an extremely long day at school, almost 14 hours. Then I had to head home, grab a bite to eat, work on some theatre paperwork and pack for my long weekend vacation. So I opted for a project that I taught for the first time today.

My co-worker had to leave school early to catch a plane for her vacation, so she asked me to take her last class. This meant that I got to teach second grade art. The students were drawing leaves with oil pastels to learn about warm and paint a watercolor sky to learn about cool colors. I made a quick example to demonstrate the Watercolor portion of the lesson. I made my leaf on the corner of the paper I had used for my gluing demonstration in my first grade class, thus the colored paper in the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment