Monday, September 4, 2017

Vol. 2, No. 247, September 4, 2017


2247 - Red Rooster Pudding.

Today, my parents, brother, and I attended the Dassel Red Rooster Days World's Largest Chicken BBQ. While we were eating, my mom observed the line workers pacjing the heels of the bread into bags. We contemplated what they do with these "scraps". As we were leaving, we asked my aunt, who is in charge of serving, what they do with the bread. She said they just bag it and give it to whomever wants it. She asked if we wanted a bag so we took one.

When we got home, mom and I got to work making bread pudding. We started with a Betty Crocker recipe and adapted it using elements of other recipes including extra eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, and of course some rum.

I decided I had to take the project one step further. So when it was done baking, I arranged it on a plate, complete with ice cream and maple syrup drizzle. All it was missing was some garnish, maybe a mint leaf or some berries.

No comments:

Post a Comment