Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Vol. 2, No. 263, September 20, 2017


2263 - What Lifts You.

I was extreamly excited when I completed my first set of wings. All of my students in all three schools are creating a feather that will be combined to create a wing mural inspired by the work of Kelsey Montague. I finished the 3rd and 4th grade mural in Annandale. It was a time consuming process and I am not in love with how it turned out, but the kids and staff love it; I have been getting tons of complements. In the coming weeks, I will be creating at least 2 more, possibly up to 3 more, sets of wings. Now that I have one under my belt, I have a better idea of what to do, so the next ones should be easier.

If you were wondering about the assembly process, I taped black roll paper to the wall with LOTS of masking tape. Then I used hot glue to attach colored "base" paper and the feather. I used a low temp glue gun, so I never got burned, but I still got a blister from pulling the trigger.

The top picture just shows the wings on the wall. The bottom picture shows what it could look like with someone standing in front of it. Thanks to my Bitmoji for posing for the picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment