Monday, September 25, 2017

Vol. 2, No. 268, September 25, 2017


2268 -  Extra Work.

As an art teacher, I often get asked to do different 'artsy' jobs for classroom teachers. On Friday, I recieved and email asking if I could make a guitar pattern about 8.5 x 11". Okay that doesn't seem to difficult, so I agreed. Then as I sat down to work on it this morning, I realized that I didn't really know what they wanted. Did they want a coloring page or a stencil? So I sent an email asking for clarification. As I waited, I sketched out a guitar coloring page.

It turned out that they wanted a stencil, but they only needed the bottom of the guitar, not the handle. Well this just got a lot easier. I went and found 2 different styles of guitars online. I enlarged them so that the bottom filled a sheet of paper, and then I printed them. I used this print out to cut  2 stencils from cardboard. What I'm not sure is why the teachers couldn't do this themselves.

Oh well, its' done now. After all of that creative energy was expeled, I didn't want to do anything else, so I decided to use my guitar sketch as my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment