Thursday, September 21, 2017

Vol. 2, No. 264, September 21, 2017


2264 - Jay Day.

Today's project is brought to you by the letter J. At school, the kindergarten classes are learning about one letter everyday and then they make a poster showing things that start with that letter. I don't know which letter they were actually on, but I believe they should be close to J. I was going to use a letter stencil to make my drawing today and I liked the curve of the K, so I went with it even if I am a few days off from the kindergartners.

I was so happy that 8 I'd fit perfectly, creating a nice circle. I then went in and started adding patterns to each J, followed by the between spaces. I could have continued adding patterns, but it was late so I called it finished. Maybe some time I will take a month where all of my daily projects are continuations of previous work.

To make this drawing, I used 2 gold colored pencils. They were both the same brand and both labeled as Gold and yet they were different. One darker and more gray, the other more brighter. Turns out it was nice that they were different because it added more depth and character to the drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment