Sunday, March 18, 2018

Vol. 3, No. 77, March 18, 2018


3077 - Hola Lola.

Today turned out to be Set Work Sunday. For Dear Edwina, we need 12 ukuleles; turns out ukuleles , even toy ones, are pretty expensive, so we decided to make our own. Our awesome set designer cut them out of 3/4” plywood, which I got the privilege to paint. Yesterday, I forgot about them until I was almost ready to leave for the day, so I only got one coat of paint on them. They needed to a second coat in order to look good from my point of view, so I headed in this afternoon.

After getting a second coat of brown on all of the ukuleles, I began details on one. I had a student volunteer to paint details on the ukuleles, but she was unsure on what it should look like. I completed one, including strings, as an example. I love how it turned out; really the only down side is that you can’t actually play it because the strings are just hot glued in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment