Friday, March 30, 2018

Vol. 3, No. 89, March 30, 2018


3089 - True Love.

I continued with my drawings for Dear Edwina this morning, focusing on True Love. Earlier this week, as a free choice activity, I gave my third grade students the option to draw a picture for me for the play. They got to choose the topic that they would focus on. I decided that I would either use these drawings as is for the play, or at least as inspiration.

Three girls decided to draw true love. One was just a guy, a girl, and a heart; it looked very nice, but was pretty plain. The next was a guy proposing to a girl, down on one knee with a ring in a box; romantic, but not really right for the show. The third drawing was of a guy and a girl sharing a milkshake at a diner. The idea for this picture was perfect, but the drawing was much too small for the play, plus she didn’t have time to finish. I used this drawing as my inspiration, drawing the scene as close to her drawing as I could. I love the third grade simplicity of it.

I included my student’s original drawing in the photograph as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment