Sunday, June 10, 2018

Vol. 3, No. 161, June 10, 2018


3161 - March of the Pen.

Today is National Ballpoint Pen Day. It was also the first parade of the season for the Litchfield Marching Dragons. Two of my not so little Littles are part of the band, so of course I went to watch the parade. I brought along a favorite ballpoint pen and paper. It was actually one of the cool 4-in-1 pens, so I had black, blue, red, and green ink to work with. I decided that I would use my drawing as the back cover for CC’s CD, so everything is based on her. I began with the marching band’s dragon logo. Then moved on to her instruments, the bari saxophone and piano; these didn’t turn out great. Next was the gymnast, followed by the diver; both are wearing the school’s color of green. I ended with a stack of books and a cross. Here I ran out of ideas and CC wasn’t responding to my Snapchat, so I filled in the rest with zentangle patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment