Thursday, June 14, 2018

Vol. 3, No. 165, June 14, 2018


3165 - Flags Afloat.

Today I got to help Middle Miller paint his Trimaran Boat for the Cub Scout Raingutter Regatta.  After using a steak knife to saw off the edges of the balsa pontoons, Middle Miller began sanding he pontoons. While he worked, I collected the scraps for my own project. Then we both started painting. We used glossy acrylic enamel, which meant we had to work extra hard to keep the dining room table clean. There wasn’t much in the way of scraps, but I managed to collect enough for a small pinwheel style flower. I glued all of the pieces on the end of popsicle stick, so that it can be stuck in a planter.

I didn’t get to see the race, but as soon as I got home, Middle Miller was happily announced that he came in 4th.

No comments:

Post a Comment