Saturday, August 11, 2018

Vol. 3, No. 222, August 10, 2018


3222 - Don't Skip A Beet.

Today I took the Miller Littles to Story Hour at the Litchfield Public Library. The topic for the day was One Vegetable One Community; the OVOC for this year is beets. We read a book that talked about how plants grow and it showed what was happening both above and below the ground. For our craft we made collages showing vegetables with both above and below ground views. I chose to make beets and had Miss N help me. While I made the sky and the leaves, Miss N, colored the  paper for the beets. When she was finished, A.K.A she started coloring on herself, I used that paper to cut out the beets. I glued it all together and added roots and ants. Then Littlest Miller looked at the collage and decided it need something more, so she grabbed some markers and added a tree, or piece of grass with a spider, or something; she explained it once, but I don't remember what it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment