Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Vol. 3, No. 233, August 21, 2018


3233 - Getting High.

Each year at Annandale Elementary, the Art department does a collaborative art project. Each student in grades K-4 makes one piece, which the other art teacher and I combine to make some sort of collage.

A lot of work goes into these collages, so I am going to spread the background information out over multiple posts. What I can tell you right now is that this year's collage is going to be made out of hearts. Artie A and I started the collaboration today by creating a heart stencil that could be divided into 4 parts and then we started tracing. We need a total of 192 hearts in order for each student to decorate 1/4 of a heart.

As it turns out, the process of tracing hearts is time consuming and pretty toxic when you are using the wide Sharpies. We only got about 1/3 of the hearts traced before we had to move onto other things for the day, which means that I will be working on it more whenever I have free time.

No comments:

Post a Comment